I think I have received the cream of creams now. When I started blogging, I remember visiting a blog on blogger where this Award was displayed with a dozen or so others. I just admired and wondered to myself if I would ever get one of those. Maybe I admired the Liebster Award most because of it’s ‘Germanness’? (Emm, whatever that means). So imagine my stupor when on reading my dear Phoenix the rebirth’s blog and seeing my humble and modest blog as her first nominee for this prestigious award!
The Liebster Award recognizes new, up and coming bloggers who have a certain number of followers, ranges from 200 to 3,000. (I am not even there yet but already this noticeable? Wow) Liebster is German meaning “beloved” “sweetest” “dearest”. Essentially, I like to view this award as acknowledging some of the “sweetest” bloggers who connect their blogs to their viewers in a welcoming and hearty fashion.
If you wish to accept this award, the following guidelines are below. There is no pressure to accept the award. I find your blog genuine and would like you to know that I value your honesty and content.
The steps for The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award! A warm, hearty, & standing ovation thank you to Tempest Rose for recognizing the good in my blog!
- Add The Liebster Award logo to your post and blog.
- Answer 10 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 7 bloggers for the award and notify them.
**These are the general guidelines. With that being said, you do not have to do the full amount to accept the award. You can answer and/or ask only one question,nominate one person, whatever you feel comfortable doing. ** (This I love most because I know many don’t have time to do them awards ‘school’).
And so dearest Phoenix, I am most grateful, humbled and fortified in my journey. One of my dearest venture being Mental Health Advocacy. My story says it all and I stigmatize all those who out of lack of ignorance and empathy, degrade themselves or humanity further.
These are Phoenix’s questions and I choose to answer all of them:
Questions for my Nominees to pick and choose to answer:
- If you were stranded on an island and only had 3 things, what would they be? Faith, Hope and Love
- If you could change one thing about your country, what would it be? Stewardship
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My Depressions
- If you could try something new today, what would it be? Water Surfing
- What is your life mantra? Honesty henceforth until death do me part
- What is your biggest fear in life? Dying too soon before laying a strong foundation for the work I’ve embarked on
- If you could have dinner with one person (alive or deceased) who would it be and why? Ellen Johnson because she is my idol
- What is one thing you are proud of? My book
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? No place external like my Soul
- Name a song that describes your life in a nutshell. My Way by Frank Sinatra
And my two nominees are:
Theresa Reed at http://theresareed15.wordpress.com/, she was there on one of those dreary nights when I couldn’t sleep and my tears and anguish were threatening to ruin my vacation (and yes, this is trumpeting a post).
and my friend over at Pieces of Bipolar: http://piecesofbipolar.wordpress.com/, She describes herself as a unique girl in a unique world and am glad she sees herself so. There is so much positive in pampering and upholding one’s self albeit in all honesty.
So my dear nominees, if you accept my nomination, I leave the same questions above for you to choose from or answer all!
Dear gentle readers and followers, to me it is always all about gratitude. This blog’s life has been sustained not only by my three D’s, but above all by your direct and indirect support. Really, I want to say thank and wish each of you could accept this Liebster Award too.