I do not consider the post I wrote this morning to be among the two I had left to write before a 7 day fast which includes fasting from blogging (but I can read other blogs thank God). This therefore is the one but last post lol.
That said, last week I did my first solo travel in 2018, that is, almost two months after the year started. Ha, the life of a single mother is really embracing me well oh.
I had planned, (yes am more of a plan and prepare type of traveler) to take the 7 am bus because traffic is avoided and if you are lucky like I was, you get no seat partner (the 7 am bus is hardly ever all full). I live 45 mins away so my internal anxious clock was up at 3.48 am poor me – my eyes tell much right?
The trip itself to be honest, gave me 60% of the soulful satisfaction I sought from that trip. Going like coming back, I enjoyed some invaluable solitude and heard so much from my inner voice. The other 40% of the trip in Yaounde itself was equally so soulfully enriching:
- I felt ready to go to the home of a papa mentor who died in January 2017, and with whom I had visited for a week, a week before his demise. His family was very happy, and mama with whom I had a soulful chat, had a deli plate of salad made for me…just see
- I rested some, and played a little with my new friend Coran before stepping out to visit a Sage who would have been my Phd supervisor before life happened and I put that on hold; we had a lengthy soul conversation and a few good laughs – ah I can say he has aged with grace – his humility and modesty filled me with inspiration for a man who had once occupied some high ranking positions in this country;
- I then met with the person I actually went to Yaounde to see, another sage whom I had envied from childhood. Just walking by their home from school back then, was a big refuge from our dungeon…needless to say I flash-backed and expressed my gratitude for everything. I listened to them for a while before taking my leave;
- When I got back to my host by 8.45 pm, they had just finished dinner and were waiting for me for evening prayers. That family among others had won my soul by their always trying to eat together, share everything on the table, much gist and all while eating. And the prayers, men even some grown kids now bushfallers dialed in via God sent whatsapp so we could all pray together. It was simply so soulful;
- The next morning, I went to visit a baby mama of mine and we had another soulful morning. It had been a while, and she is one of those angels you meet like that when you believe in them. I had actually met but her mum in another city, and she told me her daughter and I would love each other when we meet. We did meet and have remained friends since then. Her own son is called Gaby too lol;
- During that trip, I read almost the entire Peace Pilgrim and oh boy it was like she lived in these present times. I will not lack the reverence and respect due that great lady, her vision and all, by writing any review period. Anyone wanting to read that pocket book, can get a free copy from ‘friends of peace pilgrim’;
- That trip and all the listening I did, gave me the extra nudge to listen to another dearest mentor the next day after I returned from Yaounde for an awesome 40 minutes. Alain later told me he had never seen that. I was asked twice if I was on the line, and I said yes. To me, it was perhaps a once in a life time opportunity to listen to my super busy mentor so. Secondly, listening to me is a virtue and I am so glad I can listen to people without interrupting them. This skill will help me a lot as a therapist and so am not joking with it. I have sure by Grace come a very long way, I can never doubt that.
Dear all therefore, I just wanted to share these seven soul musings of my recent trip to Yaounde. That city alone holds so much meaning and memories, each time I visit is a whole soul experience on its own.
There we go… (Hope not too too many souls and soulful in here hahaha)