Hello world, take it from Lucy and I
I want to without much ado, give you at least 7 reasons why you should pre order or look out for the release of Darling Dyane’s epic memoir. That is, other than the fact that it made me have a wonderful day out, eat some ice cream with the boys at our dear icecream grandma’s, and laugh oh so much:
Dyane Harwood’s memoir Birth of a New Brain – Healing from Postpartum Bipolar Disorder with a foreword by Dr. Carol Henshaw (co-author of The Modern Management of Perinatal Psychiatry) will be published by Post Hill Press on October 10th.
Birth of a New Brain is available for paperback pre-sales on Amazon at this link – Kindle pre-sales coming this summer!
Ok: Let’s get going:
- If you want to know how to act well enough to be selected for a role as kid: get the memoir;
- If you want to know how many times you should enter for a contest to win a sports car before giving up: get the memoir;
- If you never knew a dog could get a c-section and suffer a stroke and still be a ring bearer at a wedding: get the memoir;
- If you want to know how to avoid your broken heart from being quickly mended: get the memoir;
- If you want to know how to import a boyfriend and soon regret it enough to cameloen the colours of envy for months: get the memoir;
- If you want to know the best way to bribe a potential landlord (not with sex I emphasize); get the memoir;
- If you want to know how to prepare for and pass your massage therapist exams (not what you are thinking): get the memoir
And the biggest bonus
- If you want to know how you can ‘flimpsily’ say ‘it’s not my type” and to have to treasure that for life : get the memoir
- and oh another medium bonus: I used to call my vip buddies my ‘PP’ meaning ‘Personal Person’ – but if you want to know what it truly stands for: get the memoir
I hope I haven’t given any spoilers away – men I laughed more than I should have when reading that memoir. Dyane was generous in making a large chunk of it about life and all before getting serious about the not funny subject matter of Postpartum Bipolar Disorder…
About Dyane Leshin-Harwood
Dyane Harwood is the author of the memoir “Birth of a New Brain – Healing
from Postpartum Bipolar Disorder” (Post Hill Press, October 10, 2017) with
a foreword by Dr. Carol Henshaw. She holds a B.A. in English and American
Literature from the University of California at Santa Cruz. A freelance
writer for over two decades, she has interviewed bestselling authors
including Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison, Anthony Bourdain, and SARK.
Dyane lives in Ben Lomond, California with her husband Craig, their
daughters Avonlea and Marilla and their collie Lucy who serves as a
writing muse and sits on Dyane foot when she writes.
Dyane’s website: www.dyaneharwood.com
She blogs every Friday at Birth of a New Brain: www.proudlybipolarwordpress.
Birth of a New Brain Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Birth-of-a-New-Brain
You can find Dyane tweeting away on Twitter: @DyaneHarwood